Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chore Day

So, I had had every intention of getting up when my husband does...or at least soon after. He gets up at 4 a.m. because he has to be at work at 4:30. I don't envy those hours, but I must say that the things I would be able to accomplish with that time would be incredible.

I have done that a few days, but never a full week of weekdays. Instead, today, I slept and my kids woke me up. Then I got them breakfast and started getting down to business. As of right now, I have dishes washing in the dishwasher, clothes in the washer and the dryer, and cookies cooling on the counter. I still have a huge pile of clean clothes to iron, but I thought I would blog instead.

I also got out the pop-up tent for the kids to play with because they really, really wanted it (at least Ashton asked for it). Right now, the kids are being babysat by SpongeBob SquarePants. He's not a totally reliable babysitter because as soon as I typed that sentence, both kids came whining for one of those fresh cookies. I admit, I'd like one too, but I said, "No cookies until after lunch!"

I'm a mean mom.

Eric wants to finally finish up the improvements to our house that we had been planning. I guess we are going to paint Kaley's room and take down the wallpaper border in our hall bath and paint that as well. It's been a long process, but it has also been a while since we've done anything. We got a lot accomplished last summer. We painted nearly every room in the house and took down what seemed like miles of that wallpaper border. I love the way it looks now.

Ashton did something funny today. He was sitting eating his breakfast when he just started telling me that he was going to ask Daddy if we could go to Chucks m cheese (Chuck E. Cheese). He told me that he was going to tell Daddy please. Please is the magic word, you know! I thought it was cute and I tried to get him to say it again for my cell phone camera so I could send it to Eric. It wasn't the same.

I don't know, but we may go to Chucks m cheese tonight. I guess we'll see.

Kaley has been "reading" this Happy Baby Colors book. We've been trying to teach her the colors, but she's more interested in the pictures themselves and telling us what they are. She walks around reciting what objects are on what pages. "Gween, fwog, pear." "Puwpul, fwower, jamas (pajamas)." "Wed, shooz, appuw (apple, but it's actually a tomato in the book)." The lists go on.

Our anniversary is in 9 days. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for Eric yet, but we've been married for almost 4 years now. It's hard to believe, but I do love him more now than the day we got married.