Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rainy Day

I don't like the rain. I don't like cold, unless there is snow involved. The pretty look of it all makes up for the chill in the air. I miss yesterday. It was the most wonderful day. I'm so glad the Lord invented springtime. It is refreshing after so many months of dreary wetness the south calls winter. Yuck.

Today is another busy day, so I don't have a whole lot of time to type. I did want to tell about this one thing that happened today. I was getting ready for work. I had a pair of flip flops that were sitting out. Ashton put them on and said, "Look, I'm mommy!" He said he was the mommy now. I said ok. It didn't last long because he took off the shoes and said, "I'm taking of the mommy now."

That made me think a little. Sometimes I would like to "take off the mommy." Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kids and I LOVE being a mommy, but I would like some time to be Mary again. I would like to be that person that I remember who loves to mosey around the mall, looking at everything but looking for nothing. The girl who sat in her apartment and primped for what seemed like hours, painting her nails, trying on different colors of lipstick, just to see what it looked like. The girl who just played her flute for the sheer enjoyment of getting it out and playing music.

Sometimes I really miss that girl. I'm glad our anniversary is this week...Eric and I will get some much needed us time, and for a little while I can be that girl again.