Thursday, March 4, 2010

Goal setting

Well, sitting here isn't accomplishing anything really today except that I had set it in my mind that I was going to write a little bit. I've been setting some goals for myself lately.

1. Get Ashton potty trained before my birthday....I have 66 days, I think.

2. Start Kaley potty training. Kaley may be more ready than I think. She's been leaving the living room to go into her room by herself to poop in her diaper.

3. Sell $1700 of Tastefully Simple food by the end of April. (explanation: I sell this food called Tastefully Simple in parties much like Mary Kay sells makeup. It's really easy to make and really tasty. I have this goal setter thing for me now, and I want to reach the highest it can go.)

4. Either lose some weight or get pregnant :) I wish this one were more easily accomplished either way.

5. Move back up north before the end of the year. I really enjoy my friends and church here in Tupelo, but I miss my family and I'm tired of missing everything or having to make a big production just to go see my parents. I want my kids to be close to their grandparents, and not just think they see them around the holidays or birthdays. This goal really is more of just a dream than an achievable thing. It takes opportunity and God working out the details.

So yesterday not all that much went on. I went to work early and brought the kids to church to be watched while I worked. This is one of the reasons I don't want to work outside the home anymore. It's not the biggest hassle in the world, but I sure feel sad to leave them, even when I know they are fine. It's not like leaving them with a babysitter so Eric and I can go out on a date...that's different. This is, to me, almost like I have to leave them somewhere because I have a priority that is higher than them and I can't stay and watch them. I know God gave me these children so that I would raise them in the admonition of Him. It's hard to miss parts of their day.

Today is a normal day, however. I will go to work in the afternoon like usual. What to have for dinner? That is a daily dilemma.